Thursday, August 30, 2012

American Girl Doll Recording Studio - Take A Look

Music is the universal language.....so we had to make a "music" room for our American Girl doll house.

     I started out with a piece of fiberboard and decorated it with scrapbooking paper as the back drop.  I used a tall box from a vacuum cleaner to make the sound booth and cut it to size and made an opening for a window.  I covered that in scrapbooking paper and used a clear paper cover and glued it to the opening for the window.   A piece of cardboard was cut to use for a shelf inside the sound booth to hold music sheets, microphone, etc. and necklace beads from the party favors section of Walmart were used as curtains for the booth.  I printed out some music themed photos like the keyboard and everything else you see on the board.  I used 2 straws and wrapped them in black electrical tape for the legs of the keyboard.  I cut a Lysol Wipes canister in half, wrapped it in scrapbook paper and sewed a small cushion for the seat.  A placemat was used for the rug.  Finally, the beautiful guitar and violin from American Girl and poof.....we have our recording studio.  We, my granddaughter and I, are very proud of this project! 








Hope you enjoyed these pics!!...and yes the sunshine keeps shining!




No comments:

Post a Comment