Friday, January 27, 2017

DIY American Girl Doll Gabriella's Drum Pad

How To Make American Girl Doll Gabriela's Drum Pad


     How cute is the new Girl of the Year American Girl Doll, Gabriela.  I wanted to make an easy craft to start her world in our doll house so I decided on making her drum pad.

First, I used black cardboard and cut 2 pieces and then glued them together to get a certain thickness.  I also filed the edges to even them out and colored the edges with black magic marker.


I then cut our the circles of the pad using foam.  I didn't have all the colors of foam handy so I used some white then colored them in with magic marker.  Of course,  any foam color can be used.


Then glue your circles to the base of the drum and seal with Mod Podge or an acrylic clear sealer.
Top drum is American Girl and the bottom drum is the DIY.


For the drumsticks I used a wooden skewer, cut to 4-1/2" (you can also use a wooden dowel) and filed the ends to be able to slip on a white  bead and secure it with hot glue.  I also painted the sticks a light yellow and applied a sealer.  If you don't have beads you can use clay to model the tips of the drum sticks.




Now Gabriella is ready to drum some beats.


Here is the template for the drum pads to use if you wish to make this craft.

Watch the DIY video on YouTube 


No comments:

Post a Comment