Thursday, February 28, 2013

Homemade American Girl Dollhouse Projects

Take a look at Saige's homemade art easel. 

Easy to Make Project!


     I put together the easel with some items from Michael's.  First I cut 3 pieces of balsa wood (3/8" x 3/8") to 15" long.  Then I took a 1-1/2" thin panel nail and placed it through the 3 pieces of wood which ties the wood together on top.  I cut the back leg of the easel about 1/4" shorter so that it would lean back a little.  I cut another piece of balsa wood to fit in between the front legs to brace them apart.  I then cut to size the piece of wood that holds the canvas and glued that in place.  Next, I glued in a triangle shaped piece of fiber board that serves as the tray that holds the supplies.


Next step was to glue the orange cap from a glue stick that holds the brushes.


Here is the finished easel.  I was very happy with the outcome.



If you want to see the video tutorial you can look at it here art easel tutorial 

Hope you enjoy the pictures and tutorial!


No comments:

Post a Comment